St. John's K-8th Grade
In the fall of 1982, the Senior Pastor at St. John’s Lutheran Church approached his congregation with an inspirational idea. He hoped that St. John’s would start a Lutheran school; a school that would incorporate educational excellence with the freedom and privilege to share the Gospel of Jesus’ unconditional love in the Hemet-San Jacinto Valley. His passion for Christian education was contagious; the people of St. John’s caught his vision and St. John’s Lutheran School opened its doors to 16 kindergarten students in September 1983. We feel exceptionally blessed to continue this mission of sharing Jesus’ saving love in our community. St. John's-Hemet has spent over 30 years pursuing their compelling vision; one that continues our dedication to the Gospel message of Jesus Christ and moves our instructional philosophy into the 21st century. We consider it a privilege to present our school to you, as we continue to offer a Christian education that will provide each student with excellent opportunities, a foundation that is set on Christ, and an atmosphere of love and encouragement.
St. John’s School Expected Learning Outcomes
At the time of graduation, St. John’s expects that our students develop, demonstrate and communicate the following:
I can LOVE others like God loves me.
- I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and demonstrate the capacity to share the Gospel, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- I demonstrate grace and compassion when dealing with others.
- I grow in my understanding of God’s Word and use the Bible as guide for my life.
- I understand the need for fellowship and the practice of daily prayer.
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
LEAD * I can lead by example
- I demonstrate respect and responsible management of the things God has entrusted to me and to the world.
- I accept responsibility for the choices I make.
- I demonstrate a service-oriented attitude and an awareness of others needs.
- I value and appreciate the diversity of mankind.
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for all the believers in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
1 TIMOTHY 4:12
LEARN * I can learn with enthusiasm.
- I demonstrate mastery of content standards in Math, Science, History, Language Arts, Fine Arts and Physical Education.
- I confidently and appropriately integrate technology into my life.
- I demonstrate the ability to ask relevant questions and establish educational goals.
-I collaborate with my friends and fellow students.
-I communicate effectively using verbal, auditory, and written methods.
“Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.”